IDEO CoLab Design Fellow - the Future of Work
• Designed position-agnostic and skills-based resume for the Dynamic Workplaces portfolio.
• Over the course of a week, designed and built a Figma prototype with UX focus.
• Pitched final product to IDEO CoLab San Francisco and participating CoLab partner companies.
June - Aug 2018
Airship Product Development/Design
• Directed product development strategy and beta test planning for 3 ecommerce collaborators.
• Led development of 1 manufacturing technique, 4 unique prototypes, and 6 usability studies.
• Strategized feature matrix of solutions for enabling circular economy in ecommerce packaging.
March - May 2018
"Catcall Control" game co-creator
• Built Arduino-based tangible interaction game exploring the experience of street harassment.
• Demo’d prototype at the 2018 Industrial Design GT LaunchPad event with over 400 attendees.
• Designed storyline, art, and interactions to enable empathy and delight within social context.
"Forget-me-naut" designer and engineer
• Designed interface of light-based timer for less obtrusive long term reminders.
• Coded Arduino backend, built circuit hardware, and constructed encasing over 2 weeks.
June - Dec 2017
Apple Manufacturing Design Engineering
• Designed $90k vision system equipment and SOP saving 1,700 hours annually.
• Led process development, implementation, and training across 3 Chinese manufacturers.
• Collaborated with 5 vendors and international teams in Chinese and English to outsource
DFM’s of vision system.
• Represented Apple while leading DOE’s with 3 vendors for automated line assembly and
innovative manufacturing processes in ultra-black security projects.
• Using Zygo and Sensofar for failure analysis, identified formula to quantify severity of cosmetic
defects on an ultra security Mac project.
Jan - May 2017
• Designed solution for reducing single-use plastic bag use by leveraging shopper pain points.
• Obtained $300 grant for design, prototyping, and production of origami-inspired product.
• Led 33 field interviews to find market trends; led product development and rapid prototyping.
• Won 2nd Best Overall I2P Project at Incubator Showcase, April 27, 2017.
Sept - Dec 2016
Schlumberger R&D Engineer
• Co-inventor of interference-fit electrode pins in patent memo IS16.1601 reducing complexity
in assembly of high performance drilling-grade sensor box.
• Designed 2D core ANSYS simulations testing stress/strain and pressure profiles of molded
• Created scientific best-practices for the Schlumberger Riboud Product Development
Center (SRPC), standardizing vacuum seal testing for interference-fit.
• Collaborated with French polymer manufacturing company Dedienne with 3 DOE’s testing
pressure, surface roughness, rate of flow, and temperature in integrated PEEK sensor box.